If you have a mortgage note on your property there is a good chance that your lender requires you to have coverage for at least the amount of the loan value.  There are different types of insurance policies you can purchase with different perils but usually depending on the type of property the lender will have a minimum requirement.  Its is always a good idea to discuss in detail with your insurance agent what coverages your policy covers and what it doesn’t, not all polices are the same.  A coverage type may vary from provider to provider, therefore it is recommended to review your policy.  In addition, beware that certain policies have limitations which my not cover you for complete amount of your loss.  This is very common for older homes that have cast iron plumbing.

We work with all insurance companies via an assignment of benefits (AOB), document.  An assignment of benefits (AOB) is a legal tool that allows a third party to be paid for services performed for an insured homeowner who would normally be reimbursed by the insurance company directly after making a claim. AOB is commonly used when a homeowner experiences a water loss – such as a leaky pipe, an overflow from a sink, or a damaged appliance – and contacts a contractor or water remediation company for assistance. Most AOB agreements presented to the homeowner allow the contractor to stand in the shoes of the homeowner for insurance collection purposes. Some argue that this legal arrangement allows unscrupulous contractors to overinflate or submit improper claims, causing legal battles between the contractor and the insurance company, with the consumer left out of the picture.

H2O Restoration works within the billing standard set by insurance companies via a billing software called Xactimate.   The software pricelist is updated periodically so invoiced items comply with current rates and material cost.  Since we are IICRC Certified our strategies follow the suggested processes.   There are situations that insurance companies feel they should not be liable for some of the items invoiced for the claim, and less amicable collections are don ,if a reasonable settlement cannot be agreed.  We may seek legal action against the insurance company, but thats after all other negotiations have been exhausted.


Types of Property Insurance

Home Owners Insurance:

  • HO1 – Basic Form
  • HO2 – Broad Form
  • HO3 – Special Form
  • HO4 – Tenants Form
  • H05 – Comprehensive Form
  • H06 – Condo Form
  • H07 – Mobile Home From
  • HO8 – Older Home Form

Dwelling Insurance:

  • DP01
  • DP02
  • DP03

Flood Insurance